pokermistery.com - logo

Titan Poker

Zeebo Theorem

Due to simplicity and effectiveness of the Zeebo Theorem, it has earned the recognition among the beginners, as well as among real pros. It was offered in 2006 by a professional poker player Greg Lavery, and was named after his network nickname “Captain Zeebo”.

Theorem Zeebo review

Zeebo Theorem helps to consider decision making judiciously, that allows eventually come nearer the victory.

Statement of the theorem

No matter how high the stake is, none of the players in any of the betting rounds will fold a full house.

Zeebo theorem is based on the following statements:

– full house is a strong hand, with which no one rushes to separate;

– it is not easy to get a full house, so if it happens, it is relished;

– two players with a full house at the same table is a rarity.

To apply the Zeebo theorem properly, you need to remember two important points:

  • If you suspect that your opponent has collected a full house, while you have a weak hand, do not try to bluff, as it does not make sense (according to the theorem, he will not fold a full house);
  • If you suspect that your opponent has collected a full house, while you have a strong hand, invest as much as possible into the pot (here all-in will be appropriate).

Zeebo theorem examples

Example 1.

Player A holds ace and jack.

On the table there are open cards: two aces and two queens.

Player A assumes that his opponent, Player B, holds a queen.

In this case, player A has a stronger hand than player B. Player A has to play rather aggressively to win. At this, player B will not fold, trying to call a bet.

It is enough to put yourself in his shoes to understand it. Even if a player has a weak full house, he will try to keep it and will not fold, among other assuming that the opponent can be bluffing.

Example 2.

Player A holds seven of spades – seven of clubs.

The opponent, player B, holds 7 of diamonds – 6 of diamonds.

Turn: 7 of hearts – 6 of hearts – 6 of clubs – ace of hearts.

Player A is sure that his opponent has a full house. Having stronger hand and being guided by the Zeebo theorem, player A will play all-in.

This rather simple theorem has not lost its relevance and is currently considered one of the most reliable ones. Pros say that its effectiveness is 99%, however, they advise not to write off the remaining 1%.